Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Week 3, #6 : Flickr Fun

I played around with a few of the mashups (first I had to figure out what "mashups" meant -- could have saved myself stress by remembering to read the assignment for #6 before worrying about it during #5!). I had been reading other folks blogs and seeing the things they made with Spell with Flickr and the trading card maker so I tried the spelling one. I liked the fact that you could click on an individual letter in your word and get a new image for just that letter, giving you the ability to create just the effect you are looking for (if you have patience enough to click till it's just right!) Then I tried playing Sudoku. I agree with the person who blogged about that and said it would be cooler if you could do it with your own photos, but there does not seem to be a way. Unless you created some truly unique tag for your photos in Flickr and used that tag to select photos for the game...

No comments: