Saturday, March 15, 2008

Week 5, Thing 11 : Set up a Facebook page

Facebook is going to be my social network of choice, mainly because my kids use it. Before I went to set up a page I checked out the resources linked on the assignment page. Watched the presentation: Michael Porter’s BIGWIG 2007 Facebook Presentation, which rambled on a bit, but did explain some of the applications available on Facebook. I thought it seemed like it would be a bit confusing to folks who are not already deeply into Web/Library2.0 use (but probably useful to those that are!) I also read "12 Ways to Use Facebook Professionally" and it had a few good tips, as well as links to other useful things, like "Top 10 Facebook Apps: Work."

Done reading up on it, ready to sign up and create a Facebook page.

OK, that's done. I've added some applications, joined a few groups, invited people to befriend me. Now I have to wait for folks to confirm that they will be my friend. And I will no doubt have to tweak my profile and such.

No comments: