Saturday, March 29, 2008

Week 7, Thing 13: Library Thing

13. Take a look at LibraryThing and catalog some of your favorite books.

I'm not sure I would ever really use LibraryThing for my personal library, but after I had looked at basically every link on the assignment page I decided that LibraryThing would, indeed, be a cool thing to add to my library web page to highlight some of the library's new acquisitions. I need to revamp my web page anyway, and when I do, I'll add that feature. Meanwhile, I set up a blog for my school library so I could put the LibraryThing widget on it. Linking to the blog on the website will be a much quicker fix than redoing my home page!

Hmmm... So what was the assignment and did I do everything I was supposed to? I created a LibraryThing account. I added at least 5 things to my library (though trying to remember "new" acquisitions from a few months ago strained my memory, since I was doing it from home!). And now I need to add a link to my LibraryThing catalog and I am done with week 7's assignments!

No comments: